by Cherokee Senior Softball Association, 2017-10-19T07:45:08-07:00October 19 2017, at 07:45 AM PDT
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
October 2, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca, Don DiSalvo
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
• Championship shirts – after discussion it was decided to go with blue shirts this year. Shirts will be available at the banquet.
• Banquet menu – after discussion it was decided to go with lasagna and pulled pork as the 2 main dishes. Green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw will be the side dishes. Dinner rolls, dessert, coffee, tea and water will also be provided. A cash bar will also be available. Thanks to Ray DeLuca for all the effort he puts into making this happen.
• Net clarification- John Humeston will seek to clarify some confusion in how the new rules are being implemented. He will draft the rule clarification to be used for all leagues.
• Arnold Fowler Award – It was discussed that this award should only be awarded to someone who has not previously won it. It will be voted on at a later date.
• Protests – it was discussed on whether there should be a charge to file a protest. After discussion, it was decided there was not a need for this at this time.
• Lee Molway protest – Bob Werner discussed protest filed by Lee. Bob had a discussion with both managers and it was determined that there was not a breach of the rules.
• Inactive players – There was discussion about the use of inactive players. It was decided we need to clarify the rules concerning this. More discussion is needed. • Meeting adjourned.