FEB 2018 BOD MEETING
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
February 5, 2018
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held at Gameday Restaurant and called to order by Norm Theim at 6:30 PM;
Present members: Ray DeLuca, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Bob Werner, Bob Hammond, Darrell Moreland, Norm Thiem, John Humeston, Dan Flemming,
Scott Parrish, Robbie Crider & Dewey Hom;
Absent Members: Randy Bergman, who was still celebrating the Eagles win of Super Bowl LII. E-A-G-L-E-S, E-A-G-L-E-S, E-A-G-L-E-S !!!!Minutes for January were read & approved for January Spring evaluations are this and next weekend – February 10th & 11th, and February 17th & 18th, at 1:30 PM at Hobgood Park.
1. Signs were made and distributed to board members to place throughout Cherokee and surrounding counties;
2. Volunteer sign-up sheet for evaluations will be handled by Mike Parson, and multiple board members have committed to one or both sessions. Volunteers are expected to attend rain or shine;
3. Evaluation forms will be made available on line via our web site.
1. Beginning balance $10, 927 and ending balance of $10,266. This balance also includes expenditures for softballs, score book, incorporation renewal and web domain.Sponsorship reminders will be sent out this week. Due to one of Ray’s personal problems they were delayed by 2 weeks. Currently we have only 6 sponsorship paid for the 2018 season. Darrell Moreland has obtained 3 umpires to work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays along with himself and Mike Kerrigan.
1. He also has a couple back-ups in case issues or umpires not being able to attend games;
2. We will be working with 1 umpire for each game in all leagues;
3. Darrell & Mike will be conducting clinics on how a 1 man umpire system will work.
1. Leagues will play 2 – 10 game seasons with room for playoffs and/or 1 pitch tournaments at season’s end;
2. Only 1 umpire will be used for each game;
3. Game times will be reduced to 60 minutes plus an inning if needed;
4. IA / IR designation rule will be removed;
5. All players will be required to pay full fees and not pro-rated;